Ask any professional hunter and they will tell you that you need to purchase a rangefinder. Rangefinders have the ability to help you target your game and measure the distance to execute the perfect shot.
Today we have gathered five of the best rangefinders on the market right now in order to help you make a purchase decision. All five are state of the art, and we believe there will be something for you.
1. Nikon 16224 Arrow ID 3000 Bowhunting Laser Rangefinder
The first rangefinder up for review is the Nikon 16224 Arrow ID 3000 Bowhunting Laser Rangefinder. This will not the only time you will be seeing the Nikon brand on this best rangefinder list and that is no coincidence.
We love this brand and really believe they have a lot to offer you in terms of getting a great rangefinder. So let’s dive in and see what this Nikon has to offer when compared to other ones on this list.
- Fantastic brand that we are very fond of
- Comes equipped with the latest advanced ID technology that is going to really influence your entire hunting game
- ID stands for incline and decline, which provides you with the horizontal distance to whatever animal you may be hunting
- Works when you are using it at any type of incline or decline that you are shooting from, and there is no area that it will not work from
- What separates this product from the rest is the viewing mechanism
- On many others it can be very uncomfortable for the eye and really make you rethink why you bought it in the first place
- The 16224 has the ability to be used for a long time because it is made very long and has 20.3 mm eye relief system to make it really easy to use
- It also makes it fast to use as well so when your target is there you can use it right away
- Able to display in increments of just 1 yard and has a capacity of using it between 6 and 550 yards in its range
- This uses a Class 1 laser, making it very safe, and can only be used on a power level that does not exceed .0975 mW
- One button to use so even better for beginners
- From the click of one button you will be able to look at 8 seconds of continuous tracking measurement, so you can look across your hunting field and find your game within range
- Very easy to use
- Great brand
- Strong and durable
- Works fast and effective
- Comfortable on the eye
- More expensive than others
- Should have a cover on eyepiece to protect it
The Nikon 16224 Arrow ID 3000 Bowhunting Laser Rangefinder is a pretty good rangefinder on the market right now. As we have said before, we love the Nikon brand and believe that this is great.
The only downside to it is that it might be a bit out of some people’s price range, but we think it is worth every penny. Check our extended review for more information.
2. Wosports Laser Rangefinder for Hunting and Golf
The second rangefinder product up for review is the Wosports Laser Rangefinder for Hunting and Golf which can be bought straight from Amazon. Along with the Nikon brand listed above, this is also not the only Wosports product on this list and again it is of no coincidence.
We are huge fans of the Wosports brand, mainly because of the affordable price of their products. They have made their products with such thought and care, while also boasting fantastic prices. So let’s see how this particular product holds up.
- Both for hunting and golf
- You are able to do perfect ranging and test for fog, speed, and also scan so you can range both your hunting and golf game. There are six working modes on this device to give you an ease of experience and ensure you build on your current success level
- A Class 1 laser that is able to measure up to 700 yards away in its scanning mode
- The rangefinder has been built with new PinkSeeker technology that allow golfers to know where the flagstick is and help that influence what type of club they use and where they shoot
- In order to provide you with a fantastic all-round product, the Wosports Laser Rangefinder for Hunting and Golf is also equipped with precision that includes the magnification by objective level at 6 by 25mm
- The accuracy of the range measurements are plus or minus one yard
- Speed-measure accuracy is plus or minus 5 kilometers per hour
- Has been made with a lightweight and concise design making it very easy to take mobile
- The device measures 110 mm by 75 mm by 45 mm and weighs just 180 grams
- This ensures that you can carry it in your pocket, just like you would a smart phone which adds to its ease of use
- Has been made with a very durable body that is water resistant. This will ease your worry during a storm and will make sure it will not get ruined
- The device is also resistant to dust so it will survive being left anywhere around the house
- Package comes with a carrying pouch, that will protect it even further, a CR2 battery in order to keep it fully charged, a strap, a microfiber cleaning cloth, and a guide for any beginner out there.
- Great for both golfers and hunters
- Able to help you easily find the hole
- Compact and concise
- Easy to use
- Needs help focusing
After testing out the Wosports Laser Rangefinder for Hunting and Golf for ourselves, we have found it to be a reasonable product for the price. First off, we love the additional features for the golf game and the ease of use for beginners.
The only downside to the product is that we found it really has a hard time focusing and this is crucial for the use of the product. If this does not worry you, then by all means buy it as it is very affordable.
3. Bushnell 202208 Bone Collector Edition 4x Laser Rangefinder
The next product up for review is the Bushnell 202208 Bone Collector Edition 4x Laser Rangefinder which you can purchase at Amazon. One of the main reasons it is one the list, is that we find the Bushnell brand to sometimes go unnoticed and you need to explore all of your options.
- Perfect for any beginner who has not had much experience with rangefinders, mostly because you can work it by just pressing one button
- Magnification on this Bushnell product is 4 x 20 mm, making it fantastic to see at a great distance.
- For anyone who has been hunting, you know how crucial it can be to have tools that can still work under a wide array of weather situations; comes housed in weather resistant material, ensuring it will last a long time especially during harsher weather
- A single case is also included in this package to ensure outside damage does not happen.
- This device also comes with a Class 1 laser that has less than 1mW average power output.
- Comes with an LCD display that you can view directly from the device
- Allows you to see the exact distance you are away from your target from between 10 to 600 yards.
- The accuracy on the product is plus or minus just one yard.
- Very compact and has a vertical design so you can take it anywhere. If you are looking for a rangefinder at a competitive price that may work the best for you, we highly recommend taking the time and researching this one further
- Fantastic LCD display
- Very accurate
- Concise and compact
- Good price
- Easy to use for beginners
- Very bright screen
- Range could be stronger
- Better for 100-300 yards, can’t do more than that effectively
We believe the Bushnell 202208 Bone Collector Edition 4x Laser Rangefinder is one of the best for beginners on the market right now. First off, it comes in at an affordable price, so you will not be breaking the bank, and it still works great.
We found the LCD screen to be very easy to read, even at night, and very intuitive for new users. As well, the case in which it is housed is very durable and it can easily fit in your pocket and never get in the way.
The only downside is that it is not the greatest at longer distances (anything above 400 yards is tricky) so if that is what you want, we recommend looking at more expensive products.
4. Wosports Hunting Rangefinder
The next product that is up for review and is another best rangefinder is the Wosports Hunting Rangefinder, that you can buy directly from Amazon. Again, this is another one from the Wosports brand, so how does it hold up?
- Made exclusively for people who want to accurately hunt
- It has been equipped with both range and speed measuring capabilities in order to boost your accuracy and get to your game faster and easier than ever before.
- Has the ability to be highly precise and has a magnification by objective level at 6 x 25mm.
- The accuracy is plus or minus just one yard and they also have a speed accuracy level of plus or minus 5km per hour
- Has been built to combat any weather issues with a casing that has been completely rubberized. This ensures the product’s durability and how it can take a lot of “damage” from outside sources.
- This rangefinder is fully weather proof, features a grip that definitely will not slip, is fully lightweight, and can still be in solid working condition under extraneous circumstances.
- Measures only 127 mm by 80 mm by 43 mm, and weighs just 220 grams
- Also resistant to both water and dust, ensuring that it is going to last a long time and you will get the best bang for your buck.
- This comes with a carrying case, a strap to connect to your wrist so you will not lose it, a 3 volt battery to ensure it works, and also a microfiber cleaning cloth, ensuring you can keep it extra clean.
- Extra durable
- Easy to use
- Dust and water resistant
- Very lightweight
- Concise and compact
- Very accurate
- No cons, this product is fantastic
The Wosports Hunting Rangefinder is one of the best rangefinders on the market today especially at this price point. We could not find anything wrong with it as it is very durable, highly accurate, easy to use, and also SO AFFORDABLE!
That is the best part about it. If you are a beginner looking for something to use we highly recommend buying this one.
5. Nikon 8397 ACULON AL11 Laser Rangefinder
The final product up for review today is the Nikon 8397 ACULON AL11 Laser Rangefinder. Again, this is another Nikon product that we feel strongly about because of the fantastic quality and the great price. You just cannot go wrong with Nikon.
- Measures 3.6” by 2.9” by 1.5” in size
- Title Nikon model for a rangefinder that is both concise and compact
- Is also a laser rangefinder and has a Class 1 laser
- The power output on the device as well does not exceed .0975 mW
- This rangefinder also has a range of measurement of approximately 5 to 550 yards. Ideally this is meant to be used for a variety of sports such as hunting with a gun, hunting with a bow, or even just target shooting to build up your talents on the hunt
- The ACULON is incredibly precise, with excellent speed
- So small in fact that you may get it confused with your smart phone, this is going to be a huge benefit for anyone going on long hiking expeditions while hunting and want to reduce the size of their gear
- It has the ability to just fit in your pocket and weighs only 4.4 ounces; it will never get in the way of your hunt and will only promote ease of use
- ACULON is very intuitive and also easy to use.
- All it takes is for you to push a button and right away you will get the distance reading that you need
- If you want a continuous measurement, simply hold the button down and it can last up to 20 seconds while you look through the area you have selected
- The display is very easy to read and is very uncluttered when compared to many rangefinders on the market these days
- If you do not use the rangefinder for 8 seconds, it automatically will power down, saving the battery and saving you from worrying about what may happen if it dies
- Has also been built with the Distant Target Priority Mode. This mode allows it to display the range of the target that is the furthest away if there is a large group of targets you are measuring; this is very useful if the target is hiding in the grass or in the deep bush.
- Has been made with a 6 x magnification and has a 20 mm objective lens. It has a long eye relief measuring 16.7 mm, and has been made using optics that have been multilayered and coated; this ensures high light transmitting. This ensures that there will be no loss of light because of a reflection, ensuring a clear view.
- Easy to use
- Very intuitive
- Great display system
- Comes with distant target priority mode
- Engineered with high quality
- A bit pricier than others on the market
Even though this is one of the more expensive options on the list, this Nikon 8397 product comes with a lot of features to make it one of the best. One of the things we love about it is its simplicity, it is very intuitive, and will be fantastic for any beginner that has never used a rangefinder before.
It also has been built with such a high quality and durable frame, so you never have to worry about it breaking down on you.
All five of the products listed above are some of the best rangefinders on the market right now. They perfectly blend affordable price with durability to deliver a product that is able to help you determine range when hunting, playing golf, or sports shooting. We are head over heels about these products and think they deserve your attention.
The main thing is finding one that is going to work the best for whatever you desire and what you will be using it for. Since there are a lot to choose from, we highly recommend taking the time to find one that is within your budget and that will effectively have the tools to ensure a great hunting, shooting or golfing experience.